View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 06:34 AM   #1
Mr Bill OP
Old Dog

Oddometer: 185
Thumb Bailey Hazen and Puppy Dog Route v2013

Five dirty adventurers meet up at Fiddleheads Cafe in Hancock NH for a ride to the start of the Bailey Hazen Military Road in Wells River VT.

Three Massholes were to meet up with riders from VT and NH. The MA riders met up in Rutland MA and road into the Ware River flood control project only to find Prison Camp Road gated. Hey we could fit through that hole if we wanted to. We couldn't fit through the next though.

We had to turn around and I headed the group to a blocked off bridge I cross all the time. Without saddle bags. The bike wouldn't fit. Oh and did I tell you a tree fell across this road and was a few feet above the road way? Chet said grab hold of it boys and we'll move it. We moved it...and found it was too long to move that way. Picked it up again and moved it the other way. Did I tell ya Chet's doctor said no riding because of his back? Chet say's riding is the only time he doesn't notice the pain!

I rode around a corner and saw a big black hairy animal move into the bush on the side of the road. I think it was a black bear standing to listen to what was coming at it. I just saw a seven foot tall black hairy thing woosh into the woods. At first I thought it was a moose, but they wouldn't dye their fur black. Maybe it was Sasquatch!

Any how we backed out, in the steady rain, to a gate I new we could get around without backtracking all the way. No more adventures in the dirt on the way to Hancock. I was way too scared of animals in the woods, I mean we needed to make up time so we hot topped it the rest of the way to Fiddleheads.

Not too wet yet Leon on his blury KLR

Mr Bill screwed with this post 06-17-2013 at 09:59 AM
Mr Bill is offline   Reply With Quote