Thread: Pikes peak 2013
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 03:07 PM   #19
johnny_killmore
3-wheeled Drifter

Oddometer: 302
Damn there is just no easy way to post updates to here by phone. For those interested in the sidecar class, or the random photos I may be posting, I have some options for you.

You can find me on Facebook by looking for Johnny Killmore. My website has a link to my news page (blog) at www.johnnykillmore.com and I've also got a Twitter (https://twitter.com/JohnnyKillmore) and Instagram (http://instagram.com/johnny_killmore#).

I'm getting really good updates from fellow sidecar racers on Facebook as well. Bruno (who started this thread) is posting great updates on his Facebook page, "Les Marluches au PIKES PEAK 2013."

Japanese driver Masahito Watanabe is on Facebook also and is posting.

www.mylifeatspeed.com is Greg Trachy's official site and has many guest bloggers who race Pikes Peak on 2,3, and 4 wheels. Their Facebook page is also active. It's actually a cool website and Facebook page in general if you are into racing and extreme sport.

I'll try to post here as well, but I can post with a 3rd party app to all my other outlets, and have to make a special stop here and smugmug to upload, meaning they get the least attention. Afterall, I'm their trying to win a race; spare time is, well, sparing.

So far I've seen a string of photos of Carlin Dunne's electric bike, Greg Trachy's electric car, Masahito's sidecar, and fast qualifying times all on Facebook. Masahiro's time on the bottom section is only 6 seconds slower than my own time in last year's race, which set the class record. Wade Boyd was only 3.4 seconds behind me, so a 3-way battle for the record is feasible.

Oh yeah, Wade Boyd is also on Facebook though he updates in bursts usually. Hope this helps. And of course, on race day, www.ppihc.com has the live feed.

Cheers,
Johnny K-
www.sra-west.us

johnny_killmore screwed with this post 06-16-2013 at 03:10 PM Reason: Linkie no workie
johnny_killmore is offline   Reply With Quote