The event is approaching rather more rapidly than I'd like. Taking the DRZ out on the RedNEK Rendezvous this past weekend, I realized I had a bunch of work to do. MY DRZ had been converted to a street-legal machine by way of crimped-on butt-splices, oddly colored wiring, and a rat's nest of crap that failed every time I took it out in the wet. This wasn't going to serve on The Rock. I bought a Tusk wiring harness, and got on bike with a soldering iron, yards of heat-shrink, a tube of dialectric grease, a raft of posi-lock connectors, and a longish prayer.
I cut a mass of wiring, crimp connectors and tape and general malaise from the front of the machine the size of your average house cat.
If there were mechanical splices, they got greased. If I soldered connections, they got greased and heat-shrinked also. NO fail allowed.
I'm pleased to say that the final result looks very tidy. Electrical work takes a little contemplation.