View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 08:38 PM   #17
ALinUTAH OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 612
I hit pavement near Ft. Wallace and decided to just slab it home from there. It had been blowing 40 mph all day, more from the west so at least I was riding more into it instead of across it. And it was hot. This was in Kit Carson, CO.

I think I drank a gallon of Gatorade plus a couple quarts of water, and poured another couple quarts down my jacket. It actually wasn't that bad as long as I kept my shirt soaked. The wind annoyed me more. I rode into Pueblo and could see this to the west...

This was the Royal Gorge fire that had just started earlier in the day. It had closed hwy 50 so I had to go around thru Westcliffe. I could also see the Black Forest fire off to the north.

I checked into a motel in Salida at 8pm. I had hit the road that morning around 6am. Long day. I get carried away sometimes when by myself. The next day I made it the rest of the way home. I rode hwy 92 which was really nice.

Hwy 139 north out of Grand Junction is always a nice ride. It doesn't look like much heading out of the GJ area...

But once you get north a ways it looks like this...

Well that's all I got. Hopefully I've convinced a few of you to give the plains a closer look.

Al

ALinUTAH screwed with this post 06-16-2013 at 09:51 PM
ALinUTAH is offline   Reply With Quote