View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #11
esp41
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
ADVRider is a drug. First it hooks you in with some epic ride reports (Big Dog, Fishfund, Colebatch, Lightcycle, among many others).

Then you think; I can do this. Well, you can. Then you start planning. The logistics to pull off the longer rides are astounding. They range from the “quit your job and sell everything except what goes on the bike” to “getting many days away from work and praying your spouse and bank account are accommodating”. I am the latter.

Hi, my name is ESP41 and I am a ride report addict. The only cure I can think of is to do one. So I grabbed a bike, a friend and a direction. West, for the length of the TAT.

I think Mrs. ESP41 started getting a clue about my adventure thinking when I drove from Maryland to Tennessee to buy my Husky 610. I brought it home and she said something about it being a big yellow bike. Two days later, she comes into the garage and asks where the yellow bike is. I pointed to the corner where I had stacked the “removed” plastics and said, “There is the yellow part. The rest is on the floor around me.” At that point, I learned the look most insane people get when they interact with the general public. I then told her I was hoping to take a cross country trip in a couple of years. Luckily for me, the Mrs. thought it was a great idea, so I kept planning.

Kirkster stumbled into my plans and was instantly committed. He and I and a few friends had spent a few long weekends exploring the Hatfield McCoy trails in West Virginia. Like me, he wanted more. Like Kirkster mentioned, our third potential decided to do something more worthwhile and became a daddy.

So here we are, 36 hours away from departure. The bikes are prepped (farkled!!), packed and awaiting the push of the start button. (Hmmmm, better go charge the battery)
1993 Harley Heritage Classic
Tomos ST

esp41 screwed with this post 06-18-2013 at 05:54 PM
esp41 is offline   Reply With Quote