View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #8
Czechthisout
n00b

Oddometer: 7
GSA Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancakar View Post
I did test ride the water cooled GS and GSA triple black but for some off road and mainly road and rough roads adventure 1190 is perfect the over takes with the pillion is just nice there is nothing too over powering. The only plus from Bmw ,Ktm got the gear box SO Good! And the fuelling faultless. I must say I do love the GSA but motorways it didn't really like the two up overtakes :( lack of power . 2014 GSA would be my next bike for the future if I really like it but unfortunately bmw always got the gear box wrong ,I don't know may be its shaft drive but still by the way Ktm is more expensive than bmw sadly:( I pay my model 13.890 without the heated grips or performance exhaust , or GPS and cruise control isn't an option .
I tested the new GSA today and I was really dissapointed. The bike just didnt inspire confidence. For sure some horses were missing, but more importantly, I found the gear box to be a bit clunky. To go with that, the electronic gas just didnt feel smooth when, but that to me was the result of the pairing with the carden. When riding in with a passenger, I found the bike to be a lot of work.

Im going to try the Adventure once more, just to be sure, but Im pretty sure Im going to go with the orange Austrian. For me, I find the machine to be more confidence inspiring, especially when riding 2 on board. Its size makes it easier to throw around. I wish cruise was present, but, I was told by the dealer that cruise control will be an option soon, amd can be upgraded to an existing bike. He better not be lying!
Czechthisout is offline   Reply With Quote