Looking forward to the next soggy installment!
I will admit to being one of several riders who "whimped out" on this little foray. Shamefully so, but in retrospect, was probably a wise decision. What was lacking was a rain date and also work requirements that would've made it difficult, if not impossible, to reschedule (for me anyway).
My little 250 is in need of some new sneakers and while fine at slower speeds and still "OK" for light offroading, it would not have been too sure-footed at the speeds that this ride would require to make progress.