View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 07:02 PM   #4537
go2cnavy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by akarob View Post
Here are a few good ones...

Go2cNavy coming out of another slop hole. He was disappointed with his tire choice [KENDA BIG BLOCK]. Notice he's going forward and sideways at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akarob
Yes. I didn't pick my bike up once. The tire [TERAFLEX] does best after you wear it out about half way.once you get a wide contact patch, its unstoppable. It wound not load up with mud at all. A lighter bike would have been a better choice for the ride though.
I had run the Kendas at Pachaug with no issues. They work well in that kind of terrain and wear great on the road with the right psi (32/32)

ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE IN THE MUD. Work okay in the sand.

Below are some pics for comparison. Rob's Terraflex Rear and MT 16 Front vs. Kenda Big Block Front and Rear. Same bike, 990 Adventure, Both loaded with about the same weight. Same line, same mud, VASTLY different results. The Kenda DOES NOT CLEAR MUD...NOT AT ALL. The rear cleared only if I had it spinning at a high rate of speed, but the front would not clear at all which means that I could not steer. Any bit of lean and the whole bike would wash out from underneath me. I fought this bike all day (crashed about 30 times). I often found myself going completely sideways as the front went wherever it wanted to.

Terraflex/MT 16

Kenda BB

990A / 450 EXC R/ 250 EXC/ 450R - for sale
go2cnavy is offline   Reply With Quote