View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 05:08 AM   #23
thecanoeguy OP
just a yobbo from oz

Oddometer: 1,789
the only carnage i had in Lesotho was a flat tyre form when i happen to be observing the view and slammed into a rock at about 30 kph ,went half over the bars ,but managed to stay upright ,i think it must have been then that i pinched the front tube, because about ten minutes later the front went a bit wobbly going down a hill and next thing, no air in the tyre, and the hippo was all over the place in not the best of places, managed to slow her down and stay upright, but it i think the first front flat i have had in a long time

nice girl at the Lesotho border post, she earns 150 rand, $16-18 bucks, for a 14 hour day

Lesotho is a beautiful place and well worth the effort to get there

so now its on to the coast below Durban
i took a lot of small back roads to get there mostly farming and forest roads ,but a very pleasant ride
i ended up in port St Johns

Port Saint Johns is known to be a bit of a hippy hang out, and I ended up at a hostel that fitted the bill exactly ,bob marley on the sound system 24 /7 ,every member of staff had dreadies, and if you like smokin weed, this is the place to be ,so anyway, after a quick joint or 2 i got into the swing of things and went off for a canoe trip to the beach down a shark infested river,the town used to be a great surfing place but the sharks there are very friendly ,so not really much good for surfing these days

this is about when i tripped over a log and twisted my ankle,there was swearing and that is the end of me on the bike for a spell,i did ride the next day and heade for a place near port alfred where there was a hostel ,it had closed down but lucky for me Burt owns a KLR and let me stay ,i could not walk when i got off the bike and next day they took me to the hospital where i was waiting for a while and got some pain killers and antiinflams

thecanoeguy screwed with this post 06-18-2013 at 06:29 AM
thecanoeguy is offline   Reply With Quote