View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 06:46 AM   #26
jimmex
Rider

Oddometer: 2,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas_mx View Post
Hello guys,

A quick update, last week I traded my NX4 for a DR650. I found this guy on mercadolibre.com (latin american ebay) willing to swap his 2013 DR for my NX4 + some cash. I think it was a good deal, as the DR has 1,600 miles on it and although it has a few scratches it is showroom quality. I couldve gone for a brand new DR but that would've been about 1,200 usd more. So now Im gonna invest that cash in some goodies for the DR.

I already took it on its first trip, from Mexico City to my hometown of Durango (and back) going through Toluca, Morelia, Patzcuaro, Zamora and Guadalajara on the first day and then Teul, Tlaltenango, Jerez, Fresnillo and Durango on the second day. For any of you thinking about visiting Mexico I highly recomend the "libre" road from Atlacomulco to Morelia and also the libre from Guadalajara to Teul.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Now on to your replies and questions:

CourtRand:
Thanks for the info, I will look into your website and hopefully I can get some ideas from there, I'll send you a PM once Im in Ecuador.

ac_elite:
About crossing the Darien, we want to take the Stahlratte from San Blas to Cartagena, its almost the same price as Girag and its a waaaay more scenic route plus you get to spend a few days sailing the caribbean. Also from Cartagena we might go to Maracaibo in Venezuela just for fun as it is quite close.
I havent done much research on the return trip as I might do it overland but I heard the Santiago-Mexico route can be cheaper as LAN cargo runs a regular service. Hope we can meet up somewhere!

Steve:
hope you have a great trip! see you on the road!
Does LAN fly motorbikes to/from South America and Mexico? Would be very interested in the details of this. Saludos, JIm
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote