View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 05:21 PM   #42
Mr.Dabalina
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
If this jacket had a chest vent it would be the only jacket necessary. The side vents do vent if it is positioned just right but I can only find that about 10% of the time. It's not cool on a 85 degree day at speed, but its not hot either. Now if I was pushing hard offroad and getting the heart rate up it might get hot. Stop lights in 85 is pretty hot but most jackets are. I have found if I can unzip the main zipper 4 or 5 inches and get the collar right I could probably wear this jacket in low humidity 90 degree days. My plan though is to get a mesh jacket for the humid, dead of summer type days. I'm sure I could stand it at speed but I think it would be worth it. So IMO I would think this jacket would work for about nine or ten months out of the year in humid southern Indiana. And those other months I could probably wear it comfortably in the morning or late evening. Tested the water proofing for about two hours in a pretty descent rain and my top was dry as a bone. My legs and feet were completely soaked through(I don't have the matching pants). Hope this helps.
Mr.Dabalina is offline   Reply With Quote