View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 03:42 AM   #1207
250txc
250TXC

Oddometer: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLZBRKR65 View Post
I'm planning to ride solo from Dumaguete City to Boracay in the next few weeks... Does anybody happen to have a link to a roll chart or map of the route? Has anybody on the forum done this trip? As of now, the plan is to go to Bacolod from Dumaguete, then hop the ferry to Ilo-Ilo then Caticlan. I will be riding my '89 Honda Transalp with a Honda Hawk 650cc V2 motor.
I've never been to Boracay but I have traveled across Negros to Pinay ...

The port area in Bacolod is just behind Robinson Mall on the main drag though town ... Below is a listing of port times and there are plenty and this was low cost the last time I was there a yr ago ...

You land at Dumangas on Pinay which is about ~24 CLKS north of Iloilo City proper ..

When you land at Dumangas, you have 2 maybe 3 possible routes to take to the north western tip of the island to catch a rider over to Boracay or that other island you mention ...

Pinay is divided by a large mountain range that runs north up the west coast line ... Antique province runs up the western coast line over the mountain range ...

1) Head south \ south west after landing towards Iloilo City and pass this mountain range on the south side and then head up the coast line in Antique ... This is the longer route but has some very good beach access and Antique has miles and miles of white sand ..

2) Head west \ north west and head towards Kalibo on the northern shore ... Just go north and you will hit the north shore some how ..Many small roads over there ... After hitting the north shore, go west to find a boat over to Boracay ...

3) This route may or may not be open yet AND it is know for NPA in the remote mountain area of this route ... San Remigio-Leon Road ... This road cuts across the lower southern part of the mountain range and hits the west coast making it much shorter to the coast ... 2 yrs ago it was not finished but it just was an election yr and maybe it is finished now ... I'd stop by the BRGY Hall in Leon and ask what the status was out there before pushing across ...

RORO schedule --

This will be about the 1st sign you see leaving the port after landing on Pinay

250txc screwed with this post 07-04-2013 at 07:10 PM
250txc is offline   Reply With Quote