View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 04:28 AM   #466
Gordo83
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by darmst6829 View Post
AHRMA has a tough time creating sections that suit the premier heavyweight motorcycles and modern classics let alone adding post vintage to the mix. The heavyweight bikes are difficult to ride in anything other then traditional trials sections and the post vintage riders would be bored silly. Most modern trials held now have a vintage class so I would suggest taking your post vintage machines and ride them. I have ridden a couple modern trials on my classic class Bultaco and would consider the sections as equal or harder then AHRMA 2 line. Again anyone riding a post vintage machine would be bored and unhappy at an AHRMA event.

Not sure it was understood what I meant by Post Vintage. As I said in my first post, I'm talking about bikes from the 80's with twin shocks, drum brakes and are air cooled. Seems like the largest class when I was at VMD in 07,08 and 09 was the Modern Classic. I just don't see how a rider on a 78 TY250 would have fun and be challenged, but a rider on an 80 SWM or an 84 Fantic would be bored and unhappy.
I would think it all depends on who and how the sections are laid out.

Gordo83 screwed with this post 06-20-2013 at 04:39 AM
Gordo83 is offline   Reply With Quote