View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 09:46 AM   #184
0theories
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
Crazy plan?

Hey guys, I have some questions about having a bike in, and getting the bike to S. Korea (KLR650). I tentatively plan on moving over there in late fall/early winter from the US to teach English (time for a career change for a bit, I'm currently an ecologist with USFS). The plan is to ship the bike to SEA, ride around Thailand and Laos (maybe Cambodia) for a few months, then ship the bike to S. Korea, live there for a year or two and teach, then ferry over to Russia and head west (maybe teach there as well). How feasible is this (the Korea part)?

I want to keep my USA registration. I'm wondering if I need a S. Korean motorcycle license. I'm sure I need insurance... Is there a popular shipping company I should know about? I've checked Horizons Unlimited and there is very little info there on what I'm trying to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Quick background: I've ridden all over SEA on a bike I bought in Laos a few years ago (125cc Honda Bonus). That same time period I visited S. Korea for three weeks and loved it (which is why I want to move there for a bit). I'm not new at travel or at riding, but I am at shipping and at living anywhere for more than a few months...

Oregon to Panama RR (Guatemala actually...)
KLR Build Thread
0theories is offline   Reply With Quote