View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 02:15 PM   #2
Tyler OP
Miss Demeanor

Oddometer: 307
The temperature hit 93 and it was only about 10:30 a.m. so a few of us diverted from the regularly scheduled route and headed for cooler climates by the coast...

The road to and from Jalama Beach...

Old barns are a favorite... this one had really cool coloration on it...

San Marcos Rd, aka Mr. Toad's Wild Ride!

Next morning it was time to head home... Cachuma Lake...

Again, it was going to be a hot one inland so I decided to take a chance with traffic up the coast... at least it would be cool! Just outside of Cambria there was a flurry of activity with cars pulling over to the shoulder, folks getting out to look at something unusual, so I did too... and this is what I saw... right there on the side of the road...

Wait... whut???? Are those what I think they are????

Yup... zebras doing a cattle impression... seems Mr. William Randolph Hearst had acquired a few of them on his property many years ago and they flourished...

I didn't think I'd stop for many pictures since I'd just been down the coast so it couldn't be much different, right? Everything looks different when you go a different direction...

Nuts? Why yes... yes I am...

Pacific Valley...

The fog bank - nature's air conditioning - kept things at a lovely, cool 68 degrees the whole way up...

And then I put the camera away because the road gods had smiled upon me and managed to find me in the middle of whole lot of nothing traffic-wise... I wasn't gonna take that for granted so enjoyed my personal romp past Big Sur before coming to the end of the string of cars making their way home as well... Hwy 17 was jam packed but luckily I know a few ways around that which I took advantage of and was home by a little after 4pm... not bad for 300+ miles... and it was good.

Dangerous Curves
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote