View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 04:17 AM   #22
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 596
Thanks Texas Aggie!

I managed to catch a stable WiFi signal and we are at five deposits, which means the group buy is in the **% discount tier. There's still a few days left to kick that up to **% (or better!), so if you've got friends and family with Hexhead/Camhead GS Adventures, let 'em know about the awesome deal on ADVrider!

I've received a couple of questions on finish. The boxes are raw/natural aluminum and are not put through a finishing, clearcoating/anodizing, or polishing process, so you'll get some "character marks" in the aluminum as part of the production process and from being moved around the manufacturers's workshop. It's usually nothing you'll even notice after a few miles mounted on the bike but just want to set the right expectation. If you want to spiff up the cosmetics, we've had a few folks take their raid boxes off at the end of the season and use steel wool or Scotchbrite pads with WD-40 to give it that brushed aluminum "Exile" effect.

Any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks!

Check out the ADV Motorrad vendor thread for great deals on adventure gear!

rotaryracer screwed with this post 07-02-2013 at 04:22 AM Reason: Group buy ended
rotaryracer is online now   Reply With Quote