View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 09:08 AM   #23
H14 OP
I Gotta Go!

Oddometer: 4,191
Thanks Jack.

We wake up Monday morning to a pretty brisk 42 degrees. We woke to bright sunshine, my first thought was oh man I can't believe we slept in. We had a lot of riding planned and wanted to get an early start. I rolled over and checked the clock thinking it was probably 7 or 8 o'clock, it was 5:15.
This would be a typical morning for us, most mornings we would pack, eat breakfast and be riding by 7:30.

Out west they have mountain passes, in our part of the country we call them gaps, here they are known as notches and today we're riding as many as we can. First up was Smuggler's Notch, not Snuggler's Notch like SOMEBODY thought . By the end of the day we had ridden Smuggler's Notch, Franconia Notch, Crawford Notch, and Evans Notch.

We rode RT 100, the Kancamangus Highway, and Hurricane Mountain Rd. The Kancamangus was beautiful, there were places along the way that reminded me so much of riding out west. Hurricane Mtn Rd was a freaking roller coaster, I liked it but I don't think the Strom's suspension did though.

We took a quick break at Beaver Brook along the Kanc.

Next up was Mt Washington. I wasn't sure if we would be up to it or not, I was afraid Rhonda would not enjoy the climb on the back of a bike. But she wanted to try it, it had rained there the day before and a system was moving in that night bringing a couple days of rain. We knew this would be our only shot so we went for it.

About 2/3 of the way up where the pavement turns to dirt we start seeing snow.

I like how our bike stands out in a crowd.

Somebody's happy we made it to the top.

Hey, time to put all your crap back on, we've got to ride back down this thing.

2012 Riding the Continental Divide

H14 screwed with this post 06-21-2013 at 09:15 AM
H14 is offline   Reply With Quote