View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 10:51 AM   #2757
68deluxe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 13,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Strom View Post
Egg Zachary! I'm lurking until the 2013 Boxster S's hit the CPO market in less than a year. That loaded Boxster S that had a sticker of 75k will be barely broken in with less than 15k miles and going for 40 to 45k. Most of the boxster leases I've seen are only giving 5k miles a year, so plenty of creampuffs are going to hit the market.
I have had a 2001 Boxster base and a 2006 997S, Boxster ran like a top for 3 years and only problem was the ignition switch. The 997S was another thing entirely, a lemon whose maintenance history was hidden from me by the dealer. I found after I bought the CPO car that it had hundreds of over-revs and when the tranny had to be replaced the dealer threatened the original owner with invalidating the warranty if he kept abusing the car. There were also mods done to the car not disclosed at the time of sale. I paid $78K and two years later dumped it for $48K after I found out about the maintenance history. Car never did handle right and was not in the shop enough to qualify for lemon law replacement. I would buy another Boxster in a second but just not from the lying scumbag weasels at the local dealer.