View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 02:28 PM   #166
yellowbronco
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwj - Donnie View Post
Thanks to you all! At 86, we knew it was just a matter of time with my father, but did not expect cancer in his brain! I am now in south Mexico, awaiting a estimation of what time my father may have left. I am getting rested up and my batteries recharged for the 2,200 mile ride back north.

The moto has been great! While R1100GS has a decent suspensionon, the KTM's is great on the speed bumps and bad roads. A definite improvement! The only PM, I have done is to spray the chain daily with WD-40. I do have a question about a situation, I don't think there is a problem, just the nature of the moto. I can be cruising in the 65 to 85 MPH range and the moto will seem to surge or hesitate at times, HOWEVER, I can engage the throttle lock and there are no surges or hesitation! I try to hold the throttle as still as possible, even have the habit of bracing a finger on the brake lever, but it still does it. Anyone else have this issue? I assume since it does not do it on throttle lock that it is me, but maybe there is something else. Thanks!
Donnie,

This sounds an awful lot like the out-of-adjustment throttle position sensor problems that the carburetted bikes suffered on occation. Maybe someone can chime in on this for the FI bikes?

Tom