View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 09:14 PM   #61
Kirkster OP
Parts Murderer

Oddometer: 295
Just a couple quick things before I move on the day 2.

First off I can’t stress enough how cool it is to meet fellow inmates on our journey. Here is Roknokin. Thanks for taking time out of your lunch to say Hi…

One other thing about day two that was really nice was the place for dinner that Frank at the Lodge at Tellico suggested. It was really good, inexpensive and had huge portions.

It was the Mexican place in town called Monte Real Grill. It has to be tough to keep things open down here when the tourist don’t come in.

And finally here we are at Tellico Plains Outfitters. They have ADV stickers and just about everything you might have forgotten. Esp41 found an identical pair of Klim gloves that he lost at home. Supporting the people supporting us…

Well on to day two on the TAT which is in the can.

No water incidents on the rest of the water crossings, the wide crossing was low enough to go across.

We did 249 miles today. A bit much, but so much of it was chip seal that the miles melted away even when we took a few breaks. We really don’t mind covering so miles early on as we plan on taking our time once we hit Colorado. Lots to see. Here in TN we have hay fields and such to look at.

We did run into a few closed roads. The first one was at the big power plant that is under construction, the guys just waved at us as we rode on through. No issues with the road.

The next road closure was equally a non-issue but if you run into it while it is still closed just stay to the left. The right side might get tricky.

We stopped at the dam, which you have to do a slight detour to get over. That is not really in the GPS tracks but was not a big deal. Got a cool shot with one of the turbine blades.

And finally here are esp41 and myself in Mississippi.

And it is laundry day, which we just finished up. Now I have to go pack my bags back up so we can get a bright and early start. We have discovered that we like to get settled in at the next days destination fairly early so we have time to put a post or two together for you guys.

One last thing. The Mississippi dogs seem to be much more aggressive than the Tennessee dogs. In Tennessee we had maybe one dog make a run at us. I lost count in Mississippi already. They just seem to come running at you from nowhere.
07 WR 450F
Kirkster is online now   Reply With Quote