View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 04:53 AM   #5
tastroman OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnrobertson View Post
Diagnosed a couple of months ago.

Just completed a two week 6000km ride in Australia.

I am lucky my attacks aren't as bad as yours and tend to happen at night or first thing in the morning. Second Sat on the trip I awoke and knew I was in trouble. Stayed in bed for an extra couple of hours and I then felt much better. You sound much worse then me.

Are you on medication? It's called Serc here in Australia. Meant to treat the problem in the inner ear. I have also found I need to reduce stress, reduce alcohol intake and get to bed early. Low sodium (of course, this is standard for Meniere's disease).

Good luck.

My ENT has me on a Diuretic to help with fluid retention in the middle ear along with low sodium and cutting out caffeine and alcohol. I think I could ride with the dizziness but when the vertigo comes on I know I should not be on a bike and the problem is, I have no idea when it will hit. I've been having 0-4 episodes a day usually lasting less then a minute.
I am happy to read that you are still riding. Hopefully my symptoms will subside and I can get back out there.
2009 Buell Ulysses XB12XT
tastroman is offline   Reply With Quote