View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 07:15 AM   #35
mon the biffy OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Day 10-11

Atlanta

Thanks for giving me a place to stay and showing me around Dean. It has been great fun!! :)

I took a slow ride over to Atlanta from my camp in northern Georgia.
I stopped by Amicalola falls for some more hiking.
Everywhere I've stopped within the Appalachian mountains has been absolutely beautiful. And this is no different. The mountains around here are a truly gorgeous part of the world.

I arrived at Dean's place in the evening. After negotiating Atlanta traffic! ghead:
I was taken straight to an excellent BBQ joint, Fox Bros. BBQ, for baby back ribs, collard greens, and Frito pie. We don't get these things back home (apart from the ribs), and they are definitely no where near as tasty.
A night of drinking and talking about bikes etc ensued. With plenty of these going down.

The morning after was a bit slow but I managed to get myself up and go and explore Atlanta.
I spent some time riding around checking out the sights. I then pulled up by the aquarium and Olympic park area.
There isn't any great place to get photos of the city, so these will have to do.

Because of the slow start I didn't have time to see many of the things in town. I chose the aquarium as it is apparently the largest in the world.
I wasn't disappointed.

It was quite expensive to get in, so I spent a good time looking around there. (And waiting for the rush hour traffic to die down!)

It was then back to Dean's place and pizza before calling it a night, after only a sensible couple of beers this time.
mon the biffy is online now   Reply With Quote