View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 03:30 PM   #318
ProBassFromPA
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProBassFromPA View Post
Hello all!

I found this forum like many others have by searching for a reasonably priced way to get a title for one of my old bikes.

I have a 1975 Harley SX175 that I bought on eBay over 10 years ago and just never got around to making the paperwork right so I can ride it on the street.

I read all 21 pages of this thread so I would have a good understanding of what needed to be done. I started with the bill of sale form from Vt DMV's website. Next I filled out the registration form and valued the bike at $700 for a total of $86 ($44 for reg and $42 for the tax).

I sent the 2 forms and the check out last Weds night (06-12) so it started it's USPS journey first thing Thurs morning.

I can hardly wait to get this thing on the street! She's a 5 speed and in all the time I've had it I've never rode it in a place where I could get it out of second!

Starting yesterday afternoon I have been constantly checking my bank account online to see if they cashed the check. Not yet. I'll keep you all posted.

Thank you for the great information!

Scott D
Yahoooo!!! Vermont DMV cashed the check today!!! Seven business days from the time it was mailed (from Bethlehem PA) until they cashed it.

Hopefully I'll have my beautiful green license plate by Tuesday or Wednesday!

I'll keep you all posted and I will upload a picture of the plate on the bike as soon as it gets here and I attach it!

Thank you all so much!!

ProBassFromPA screwed with this post 06-22-2013 at 06:09 PM
ProBassFromPA is offline   Reply With Quote