View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 08:58 PM   #403
SPX
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanjoosten View Post
Looks like I may be another stepper victim. After an awesome on/off road ride today I stopped to fill up and the bike wouldn't restart. Finally with some throttle applied I got it going, but it would die every time I came to a stop. I managed to make it back down to the local dealer (North County Yamaha) by holding the throttle open at stops. The "service" advisor was less than helpful, and even suggested I ride home and bring the bike back next week when the Triumph tech had more time to look at it. I pointed out that it was very dangerous to ride in traffic with the bike in that condition. He also indicated that he had never heard of and stepper problem even though it has been posted on every Triumph forum I have read. Looks like I'm dead in the water for a while! I'll post the results of the diagnosis, and subsequent repairs....

Next time head to Rocket Motorcycles, if possible. Much more helpful than NC Yamaha, and they actually know the product. NC Yamaha has a clueless and rude service dept, IMO.
SPX is offline   Reply With Quote