One bike for pure dirt riding/camping bike:
Originally Posted by HappyForNow
If you were choosing:
One bike for pure dirt riding.
One bike for pure street touring.
One bike for tooling around town
2 ea FX mnt moto dual sport (250cc, 150lb ) fxbikes.com/
It'd be a great camp/exploring bike especially if I could fit two on the a front bumper rack on my truck.
One bike for
pure street world touring.
I don't do "pure street" touring, too much of the world is unpaved. My bike hasn't been made yet, but It'd be much like an 850 cc 475 lb Super Tenere (come on Yamaha!) except it'd have a high & low gear box setting and it'd have 2wd front assist.
One bike for tooling around town:
I'd ether want a classic like an old Norton or a maybe a KTM super moto Race 990.
• Indian Himalaya:Gangotri-Shimla-Manali-Pavarti-Spiti-Leh-Kargil-Padum-Sringhar-Daramsala (3 mo.--2x)
• Kazakstan-Krygyzstan-Tajikistan-Xin Xiang to Lhasa, Tibet on China 219!-Nepal (7 months)
• Santiago, Chile to Ushuia Argentina and up to Cusco, Peru (7 months)
• Peruvian Andes (3 months)
• N Chile - Medellin, Colombia (3 months) ••• Cartegena, CO to N Chile (3 months)