View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 09:44 AM   #73
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,728
In the end, I agree that the show was just okay. I enjoyed it enough to watch all 3 episodes but it certainly isn't worth re-watching. I do think it could have been so much more though and I'm sure the networks had a heavy hand in how it turned out.

It was funny as my wife thought Dr Laura was very unrepresentative of the female adventure motorcycle rider. I mean, who brings all that jewelry, a couple dresses, a different outfit and then some for an 8 day + motorcycle trip. Well, I guess one where you don't have to carry your own luggage. Oh yeah, and she was in full make-up every time you see her with the helmet on.

James was a bit of a whiny butt and the fact they focused so much time on whether or not he was fit to ride and just wouldn't let it go really hampered this last episode. I thought the whole forcing people to ride in the truck every episode was a bit over the top too. I mean, you are on an adventure ride and you are going to have some tough times with weather and less than ideal conditions to get through. I guess though when you have a support truck, the option is there. I think Troy got the best seat time though when they were experiencing the wet cold weather going over the high pass. Of course, he missed out on some epic riding too.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5: Y2l43o9LVBERU

BlueLghtning screwed with this post 06-24-2013 at 02:18 PM
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote