View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 06:38 PM   #66
H14 OP
I Gotta Go!

Oddometer: 4,223
Just before crossing the bridge to Bar Harbor we pass through Trenton. A couple we met the day before up in Calais told us we should try a lobster roll at the Gateway-Lunts Lobster Pound.

We took their advice and had two, one with butter, one with mayonnaise. Great place to stop and eat on the way into Bar Harbor.

Nice lobster pot set-up they had.

We set up camp for the next two nights at Mt Desert Island campground. We had the place pretty much to ourselves the first night. It's been fun riding to a new destination everyday but it was nice to set up somewhere and settle in for a couple of days.

After getting our campsite set up we made a firewood run. Loving these new panniers, thank you Kirkster70!

Then it was off the the laundry-mat, definately the low point of the trip. I rode to the grocery store while the clothes were drying.

It was the only time during our three days on the coast we didn't have lobster for lunch or dinner. When we got back to our campsite we walked down to the water to get some pictures.

After the sun went down we built a fire and played cards at the picnic table by our water jug lantern, thanks for the tip Dynamick.

Up early tomorrow, we've got an entire island to explore and we'll have to find more lobster since it our last day.
2012 Riding the Continental Divide

H14 screwed with this post 06-24-2013 at 06:46 PM
H14 is offline   Reply With Quote