View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 07:05 PM   #88
Kirkster OP
Parts Murderer

Oddometer: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenhiplegarm View Post
so, hows two middle aged guys (as you say) on the beefier side doing after lets say 1000 miles... i wanna know about hands? arms..... and especially your ass...... i'm not sure the bling seats (with eurorhythmic sensative posturpedic battery operated seats will do the trick) you purchased are up for the long haul.... i'm just sayin....... hows the middle of your back? maybe you should have installed ape hangers on them? it doesn't look like you guys did any extensive cardio or P90X before the trip? just sayin for anyone else that thinks they can just hang a leg over and do 4k miles... so, i'm askin this at the 1k mark... then the 2k mark. and 3 k mark... and 4 k mark.. good info on how much you spent per day. all this helps.. how much was spot tracker and gps stuff.????

my offer still stands... i'll fly in and finish...

almost forgot, i wanna know how much weight you guys lost too....

Not a whole lot we can do about the middle age bit. I have been doing a bit of mountain biking prior to the trip. So my cardio was not total crap.

As far as what hurts, well a lot of me hurts from the tuck and roll on the asphalt but nothing too bad. The ass was sore for the first 3 days but was fine today. My fingers feel like summer sausages and my feet hurt a bit. So not too bad at 1300 miles from our drop off point in Bristol.

Someone else covered the cost of the spot and GPS. The Montana seems to be holding up well, it takes a few days of real use before you find out what settings you really like.

The Stock KTM 690 seat will break your ass so the seat was more of a necessity than bling, I did cheap out and went with a seat concepts seat and it works well enough.

It is tough getting the energy to post every night, but we are switching off days and it seems to be working. Bandwidth has been a challenge at some of the hotels which is why more video has not come out yet. We are trying to keep this as close to real time as we can as I think that works well with the audience as well as meeting up with people.

We are still trying to figure out tomorrow. We have a bit of backtracking to do so we don't miss out on any part of the (have to get back up to 123 to get back on the trail) TAT but we wanted to get somewhere to get things fixed before everything closed for the day.
07 WR 450F
Kirkster is offline   Reply With Quote