View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 11:39 PM   #88
Hoonatic Ty OP
TEN660

Oddometer: 96
Farewell Mate

As they say, all good things must come to an end... But our travels together, as long time motorcycling mates aren't over just yet!

After the Phillip Island World Superbike round, we rode back to Geelong to my sisters place. We dropped the bikes in for a service and fitting of parts previously ordered, in preparation of our return at the local bike shop.

It was there Hydro and I had to part ways, as being a Northern Territory cattle truckie, he could only have 2 months off over the wet season. Hydro hadn't been 'home' to Albany in Western Australia for a couple of years. With his last few weeks remaining he would do the East to West trip on The trusty DR650 solo and catch up with his family and old friends.

I myself had to make preparations to return to work in a week, rounding out my five weeks off.

With confused emotion, we tried to be tough about it and said our goodbyes. True to Hydros ever present, comedic form, as he gave me back the SENA bike intercom said "Jeeze Ty, this doesn't feel good, it's like I'm handing back the 'ring'!"

Hydro is an awesome mate, seemingly always carefree, ready for adventure and always making you laugh. I couldn't think of a better bloke to go riding with. It is hard to type this actually, without giggling at all the great memories shared throughout our motorbike adventure. The making good on a promise we made as young lads, to ride together and explore our amazing country has been a sublime experience. We would recommend it to everyone.

With the taste of adventure excited doing what we've experienced so far, it is inevitable that we will be riding again together soon. I can't wait!

Grinners are definitely winners!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Never one to be serious or look at a camera Hydro would rather strike the pose.

One last shot till next time!
Hoonatic Ty is offline   Reply With Quote