View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 12:10 AM   #73
BanhXeo OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 334
Happy Cows come from California

I had seen some roads on the far side of the meadow from 36 a while back and after coming up here to Lassen Park I just had to check some of them out since I was up here. Nothing special. As I was approaching hwy 32 I realized I was going to dump out on the Lassen Trail. I could afford another 15 miles of dirt. I like these trail markers. I looked them up and there are over 2000 in western Nevada and California. Would be a great adventure to find them all.

I was looking to find an alternate route back onto hwy 32 from the Lassen Trail and thought I saw the intersection on the Garmin I wanted so I used the "Go To Here" function and it quickly rerouted me through some uncharted territory. The Panther Fire was a real recent burn up in this area and I thought I would see some new trails cut out but I must have been to far above the general burn area.

This road got narrower and steeper. I could really feel the drop in elevation but no sign of the highway. Some parts of the trail were really overgrown and I was starting to think it had been gated down at the bottom...One way to find out.

Success. Back on Hwy 32 with a new waypoint added.

Quick stop at windy cut. This is the damage cause from the Panther Fire. Now when I saw this I was pretty suprised at how much more has burned. It was suppossed to be well taken care of a couple weeks ago. I may be very wrong at where I thought the burn extended to but I've ridden around it a few times now and it seems like it is much bigger.

I believe this is the Narrows. Hard to tell without the vegetation but I was up on that side right after the fire when we rode Ponderosa way to Lassen trail.

This figure is kind of odd. You can easily see it if you pull of the Highway. It looks like someone holding a baby in their arms with the naked eye. With the zoom, faces start to pop out.

The little hills way off in the distance is the Sutter Buttes. They are referred to as the "Smallest Mountain Range in the World." A close up drive by is in the works. The roads through them are off limits.

Back down to the valley and off to work. Not a bad morning at all.

This is my WIFE, here are my BIKES, and these are my STORIES: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=897188

BanhXeo screwed with this post 06-25-2013 at 12:19 AM
BanhXeo is offline   Reply With Quote