jules083 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by vortexau View Post
YOU do the comparison:

Case One-

Case Two-

No situation is exactly the same as any other. Some motorcycles can be over-loaded WITHOUT any luggage being involved-

At other times, its an excess (or improper distribution) luggage load involved-

And to those who question whether a motorcycle can stop under heavy braking while towing . . . . I can testify to braking so hard that the ABS intervened when almost missing a turnoff while towing my trailer and kayak.

In addition, I would NEVER tow without attaching the safety chains. The vehicle operator is responsible for WHERE his trailer ends up. A well behaved trailer with its coupling unattached behaves quite similar to a rear flat on a solo.
Op here. Take your first picture and add a 170lb passenger, that's what I have. Hence the desire for a trailer.

My trailer is still half built, got a bit tied up with work and overtime. We're finishing up sometime this week so hopefully I can get it finished. Its the harbor freight homemade with car topper trailer, so I'll find out just how well it really works. I'll be towing with the road king and may later on add a hitch to the fjr.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1003485
jules083 is online now   Reply With Quote