View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 02:01 PM   #15
alongat OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 799
I'm not expecting earth-shattering performance change but it would be nice to not be limited to the supposed 80% maximum throttle in those two gears. The other thing to note as well is that I've heard that the KTM Akrapovic map does away with this limitation and i currently have that map loaded in my ECU. Speaking of which, do you like your Akra map? I can't stand mine apart from the power it makes. After my dealer loaded it and did the fifteen minute idle reset, I got to ride the bike one hour to get back home. Way I observed is poor mileage, engine running hotter with additional heat coming off the header piping, vibration and roughness under hard throttle. The only benefit was some found horsepower. I can't wait to get rid of this map.

Where in canada are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dualsport Crazy View Post
Hi Alon,

Thanks a million mate for the thread. I do not have the tune-ecu cable, but will try to dis-connect it at the connector for now. However I do have the Akro's on with the Akro map, but will try it out & see if it makes a big difference.

Let me know how your mod went off after dis-connecting the wires & if there was a big difference.

Cheers,
Al

And how can this be? For he is the Kwisatz Haderach!
alongat is offline   Reply With Quote