View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 05:49 PM   #14
Fajita Dave
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyjlewis View Post
I went to a dealer yesterday. They didnt have any super motos which is what i am leaning towards right now because honestly i will be doin alot more street driving than i will gravel and i doubt i ever make i to the woods. The klr that i looked at seemed monsterous as i am only 5'9" tall. I like the suzuki 400 alot. I need to save some money and do alot of research on price points and equipment/safety needs for both summer and winter driving. Also i have to find a time to take a safety course and start studying a liscence book for a written test
Make sure you leave about $1000+ in your budget for riding gear. Especially if you plan on riding in winter! Helmet, jacket, pants, gloves, and boots add up quick. 90+ degrees will be hot no matter what you wear but good winter gear is worth its weight in gold!!!!

An aerostitch roadcrafter is a good choice if you want one piece that will last you year round. Its a little hot in summer and comfortable in winter with a heated vest under it. Of course it will cost you $900 new though. The one piece only takes about 15 seconds to get in or out of. Like an idiot, I didn't buy one and now have about $900 in separate summer and winter jackets / pants that take longer to get out of and take up tons of space in my closet.

Fajita Dave screwed with this post 06-25-2013 at 05:54 PM
Fajita Dave is offline   Reply With Quote