Black Dog Cycle Works (BDCW), Inc.,
announces its line of protective armor and equipment for the new BMW R1200GS liquid-cooled motorcycle. Given the big GS’s heritage, and its extreme performance capabilities, many owners will find the prospect of taking it off-road simply irresistible. To minimize the risk of damage, and decrease the prospect of getting stranded in the backcountry, BDCW highly recommends that owners of these new machines outfit their bikes with THE most effective armor.
Leveraging its reputation as the manufacturer of the industry’s toughest armor, with over a decade of experience abusing adventure bikes, BDCW is excited to introduce its line of new products for the liquid-cooled GS. BDCW has been in R&D for months, testing and battering prototypes to develop the most rugged innovations available anywhere.
You can see our online catalog here: http://blackdogcw.com/images/PDF/R12...SLC-cat-01.pdf
Don’t let the blue or bare aluminum parts scare you, those are photos of prototype parts
Here is a short summary of the products we are offering and the ESTIMATED availability dates:
Rugged Skid Plate
- bulletproof armor with full header pipe and catalytic converter coverage, secures to the frame!! – AVAILABLE 7/8
– ½” lower than stock for more legroom, like adding power steering, improved control and comfort, bottle opener built into the bottom of each peg – AVAILABLE NOW
Side stand enlarger
-increased footprint, less effort standing bike up – AVAILABLE NOW
Fork light mounts for the Rigid Industries 6” Single Row LED lights
– serious lighting WHERE you need it – turns with the forks – AVAILABLE NOW
- airflow and protection – AVAILABLE 7/1
Brake Reservoir Guard
– protects the vulnerable plastic rear brake reservoir plus provides a mounting point for a Powerlet (sold separately) – AVAILABLE 7/1
BDCW Mount for HyperLites
– fits above the license plate – a low profile mount that places the lights where they are less prone to damage – AVAILABLE 7/1
– unique dual-position, Rotopax and WARN winch-ready – AVAILABLE 7/15
“Helo Pad” - an extra-long utility rear rack that takes the place of the pillion seat and rear rack. Designed to accommodate the Warn winch as well as Rotopax. Great for long trips or when travelling solo. AVAILABLE 7/29
Bar Risers – designed with a seamless look to match the bike while raising the bars 1.5”. AVAILABLE 7/29
Just like the rest of our products, all of these are proudly MADE IN THE USA
As always, we greatly appreciate your support and welcome any feedback or questions.