View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 10:08 AM   #32
thecanoeguy OP
just a yobbo from oz

Oddometer: 1,837
offthe track

I decided to give Mossel Bay a miss and continue on towards a small village called, I think Veesbai, which had some nice roads, then on to Gouritssmond, still too early to stop and not much going on, I pushed on to a track marked on the map and also coming up on my gps to stilbaii,this track was beautiful and followed the beach ,after about 20 km there was a gate, it was not locked so i understood that to mean i could go through ,there was a resort of some sort that was deserted and looked to be closed down, so i kept going along the beach road til i came to a light house, and another gate, this one locked, by this stage it was getting dark and the cabins right along the beach looked inviting ,i found one unlocked but empty so this looked good for a home for the night

this was the ocean view from the balcony ,luckily i did stay in here as it pissed it down all night

the next morning the skies were grey with a slight drizzle ,and i thought i woulfd have to back track a lot of km ,when i went back and had a look at some of the other buildings in the closed up resort, i saw a tar road that led me back out onto the small track that got me through to stillbai , i then stuck to the small raods through lovely rolling hills, mainly farming , i ened up stooping at a ferry at Maigas that was getting some repairs done so chatted to a local lady who had never moved more that 20km in all her 62 years ,her dad used to run the ferry which was manpowered

these gus loop there chain around the cable and walk ,then unloop go back and do it again

thecanoeguy screwed with this post 06-27-2013 at 12:25 PM
thecanoeguy is online now   Reply With Quote