View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 02:41 PM   #127
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRunner01 View Post
I tried on the jeans and they fit but I don't feel comfortable wearing them in the short period of time I tried them on. They are what I ordered, size 38, so that's not the issue (so I think).

They just feel like a lot of extra weight which I understand why but I don't think I'd feel comfortable wearing them all day. I feel I would want to change out of them making the whole point of buying them pointless. Currently I wear textile over pants with jeans and remove the over pants at work. I was hoping these would save me from having to remove over pants and wear two layers while riding or have to change out of the over pants into jeans if I just wore the over pants to work.

I noticed that the knee armor got hot while wearing them for only a short period of time trying them on. Worried this might cause me to sweat around the knees while wearing them for long periods. This I'm sure would not feel comfortable all day long at work causing me to want to charge out of them.

In my opinion I don't like the low rise feel / cut. I always felt like I was losing the jeans. A belt was definitely better, but I still felt like my jeans were hanging to low off my waist. I know some say you'll get used to the cut but I don't think I will. Maybe this has something to do with my feeling... that the top part of the jeans where the belt goes around the circumference feels too flimsy and not stiff enough. I guess this is the stretch quality of the fabric causing this. I want to say this part of the Jean should be heavier weight denim to show some support and form. Not soft weight material like the rest of the Jean. Often I found it twisting or changing shape because of the interaction with the belt and my body. Maybe it was changing shape party to me always trying to pull them up. Maybe all the above would be a moot point if they were not low rise cut and there were more belt loops as others suggested.

Otherwise all else was great. I really want to like these as far as fit since everything else is prefect.

Maybe the issue is I ordered them based on my comfortable jean size that I usually wear right below my belly button (dam gut) and not around my hips which is a smaller diameter. Hence maybe a smaller size would help the bad low rise feelings I have. However I think I still would have to some degree the heavy feeling and the hot knees issue.

I am thinking of returning them but I am wondering if a smaller waist would make things better? Waiting for Kevin's feedback and any of yours before I decide.
Like you, I have always worn overpants over my jeans or slacks to work.

I have worn my Lean Angles to work a number of times now, including yesterday which encompassed a 2 hour ride each way and a 4 hour meeting. For that, they were great!

At the office, on a normal day, I cannot have the knee armor in all day. it rubs my knees. Unfortunately, it's difficult to remove the knee armor with the pants still being worn, certainly more difficult than removing overpants. What I did, was I put Gorilla tape over all the Velcro on the knee pad except about 1" at the bottom end of the pad. That makes it much easier to remove and put the knee pads in while wearing the jeans. That said, I don't plan to use them as an everyday ride-to-work pant. I'm going to use them on days, like yesterday, where I'm travelling a long distance on the bike and I don't want to have to stash gear on the bike while I'm conducting my business.

I totally agree with you on the material for the waistband. Making the waistband out of a heavier/stiffer denim would be a very good idea. Especially if two more belt loops were added.

Overall, these are by far the best and most comfortable riding jeans I've tried and nothing else comes this close to looking like a "normal" pair of jeans.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote