View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 06:26 PM   #55
pne OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 308
Pssst... did you hear, pne is finally posting an update!!

In Seattle I did the typical touristy stuff. Walking down the pike place market to get a bowl of clam chowder was an experience. It was packed like a can of sardines and smelled like one too, lots of little shops selling fresh flowers, fish, organic honey and produce. Afterwards I killed a couple hours checking out the art museum where above sculpture was photographed. But the coolest place I visited was the underground city tour, where you get to duck underneath the city streets and go into the remnants of old seattle. Before they raised the whole town by washing mud from up the hill.. wild.
It had a very erie feel, which I tried to capture. I'm no photographer though, I just bought a nice camera for this trip.

In seattle, I was staying at a hostel downtown. I got into the habit of not paying for my parking and stuffing the bike anywhere. Since I have a Canadian plate on there, I figured that meant diplomatic immunity from parking tickets. The first couple of days this seemed to work just fine. I got real lucky on the last night when I decided to move my bike from the main street to a back alley just in case. The next morning all the cars on the street were gone, and there was a big "wear pink and run in support of cancer" type rally going on right outside the hostel. I'm guessing an out of country plate wouldn't have saved me from getting towed, chalk that one up to good luck.

pne screwed with this post 06-27-2013 at 06:58 PM
pne is offline   Reply With Quote