View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 01:02 AM   #42
kk3an
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
My sincere thanks goes to my good friend Dave (YT Dave) for kicking off this thread....also his (and his wife's) massive encouragement, constant phone calls while up north preparing, keeping loved ones in the loop with updates, etc etc.

Also thanks to Paul with CH2MHILL at the Deadhorse shop for doing a front and rear tire change for me on a moments notice.

And yeah, can't forget the cutie at Wal-Mart in Fairbanks for her allowing me to spread my tools out all over the concrete while I did the engine & final drive oil changes next to the building.

For being more or less a total rookie at this UCC ride compared to others who have successfully achieved an outstanding overall time, I learned some valuable lessons in the short leg of this I ran from Prudhoe to Fort Nelson. In retrospect, I guess sometimes that's what it takes.

After a couple weeks now of seriously mulling this over, there's really no other viable choice I can live with aside from hitting this attempt again.

A few other brief notes are on my website about this past ride, as will be more photos of my next custom fuel cell build....to be based on lessons taken from this past ride & the feedback the bike gave me.

Dan
www.kk3an.com

kk3an screwed with this post 06-28-2013 at 01:59 AM
kk3an is offline   Reply With Quote