View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 02:31 AM   #3196
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraser2312 View Post
I hate that bend. Too many car's towing caravans and HGV's crossing the double lines.

I stumbled upon an accident there once, an old boy on a Fireblade took it too fast and broke his collar bone. Another guy pulled up, I recognise him from your photos he rides a red & white R1.

I agree, this is my least favourite bend on the fantastic stretch of road from Callander to Strathyre. It's the last of the tight bends before Strathyre ... I like it coming south ..but for some reason am less keen on it heading north.
Another problem with it heading north is it is slightly uphill and and faces you right into the low evening sun on evening rides ..which can be quite blinding.

'R1 guy' - It sounds like you are talking about our good friend Gordon ...he had a red and white R1 a couple of years ago ....see below

Gordon (on left) and his red/white R1 back in early 2011...

..and Gordon (white leathers) sitting next to Sarah ..

he traded that R1 in for this 'all white' crossplane crank model later in 2011..

..and he has just traded that one in for a brand new dark grey R1 (which I haven't got a photo of yet). This is his 5th R1..... so you could say he is a bit of an 'R1 fan'.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote