View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 05:51 AM   #22
alongat OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 948
Yes, pictures are forthcoming - I promise...just need to wash up the bike, snap some pictures and then post them here. We've got a long weekend in Canada so I should have some time. I can tell you though that if you are considering the 19/17 tubeless setup for your bike, DO NOT hesitate! It's an incredible transformation - the bike literally just carves like a sport bike with tall flat handlebars now - it's simply unbelievable and hard to describe just how much better it is. I absolutely love the 19/17 wheels with the tall suspension of the R. I went a bit non-conservative on my wheels, getting the two-colour orange and black with black spokes and orange/black nipples in the contrasting pattern. I thought at first that it would look very "radical and motard-like" but for some reason, it's a bit more subtle looking than I had expected. The only thing that I'm not too sue about now is that the front fender is quite apart from the front wheel given the smaller overall diameter and on my R, the fender is white while the rest of the bike is black so it really stands out. Not sure there is a way to lower the fender on the forks or perhaps try a black fender...we'll see - for now, I'm just having a blast on the roads with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eataz View Post
Can we have a picture of your R with the 19/17 on? Really want to get some for mine, but would be nice to see how it looks :)
And how can this be? For he is the Kwisatz Haderach!
alongat is offline   Reply With Quote