View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 11:19 PM   #140
K-Chil
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Thank you so much.

Yeah, the Zuma has grown on me over the past year or so that I've had it. When I bought it, it was just a commuter and allowed my GF to use my car during the summer (the car-pool was a mess with our schedules). I guessed I would get 70mpg and did the math; the bike would pay for itself in 2 years (less now, with real-world 90mpg). Then I just grew to love it, no longer feeling an immediate need for another "real" bike. Naturally, I've dumped a lot of money into it now (not part of the original plan), not for repairs, but for upgrades and while it still gets 90 mpg, it might take another year or two before it "pays for itself."

Quote:
....even just to try it out for size (which I think might be an issue)
Well, you might surprised; when you take off the speedo-cluster on the Zuma 125, there's a nice protruding plate coming off the stem, ready to mount just about anything you can dream up, or so I hope.

I'm not even using the speedo at the moment, because it's incompatible with my aftermarket spoked wheel (or requires cannibalizing the old wheel, which I'm not in a hurry to do); mainly just relying on phone GPS to track mileage. It's currently mounted, but it's only function is the indicator lights and fuel gauge (which I don't really need). Planning to eventually get an accurate digital gauge, but I'm waiting on some enterprising Taiwanese people to make something compatible with the aftermarket wheel of mine. But I digress.

Thanks again for the offer. I will definitely be contacting you in the near future. Possible very soon!

K-Chil screwed with this post 06-28-2013 at 11:25 PM
K-Chil is offline   Reply With Quote