Flanny OP
Flanny-it-up!

Oddometer: 2,738
Thumb STATUS UPDATE

*** Sorry for the cross posting, but it's kinda necessary ***

Hey guys...

Here is an update on where we are at:

I have:
- 6 confirmed 100% orders (that is enough for me to move to the next stage)
- 14 "75% sure, but I will wait for final pricing"

If everyone places an oder, the price will come down even more, so give it some real thought. I have asked my manufacturer the difference between making 6 and making 20, and he said "night and day - the price should definitely come down" So, the more the merrier for everyone. So if you knwo anyone with an Adventure - let them know about this opportunity.

So, here is what is happening now:
- I am making revised drawings for the plate and mounting hardware. They will be done this weekend
- Next week I will work with the manufcaturer to make design revisions, and to get final pricing.
- Once final pricing is available, I will start a new thread to let you know (It should be Friday next week at the latest)

Ordering etc:
- I will post final pricing and ordering details on a web site that I will create over the next week.
- There will be an order form, and payment information
- I will take payments through paypal or wire transfer, or postal Money Order.
- I will allow 1 week (the following Friday) to collect ALL deposits
- Once the deposite deadline is past, I will place the final order with the manufacturer, if you miss the deadline, you will be cued-up for the next production run.

Delivery etc:
- I have not had discussions about how long it will take to make them, but I sustpect it will be in the order of between two and four weeks (this will be clear by the time the final pricing is available.
- I will then have to take 'em home, finish them, wrap 'em and packiage 'em
- The pieces will be shipped out in the order that orders are placed...

Shipping:
I will quote shipping prices after your order is placed and deposit received (that way I'm not quoting on hypothetical orders). I will ship to anywhere, by whatever means you want, since you will pay my exact cost for shipping (no mark-up)

So..there you have it lads...this WILL WORK, and it WILL save you tons of dough over ANY OTHER PLATE being produced today.

For the records, I will not be retiring off the profit either...just making enough dough to make it all worthwhile, and hopefully be able to carry this on to the next LC4/Adv Product that needs to be made (like maybe crash bars..., windshields, headlight protectors?...who knows).

Cheers everyone, and thanks for your support...hopefully this will become a great "direct manufacturer" model for the people!
Flanny is offline   Reply With Quote