View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 10:45 PM   #697
RedRockRider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,198
Friday Afternoon: Enterprise & Pine Valley

My buddy Ken works for MotoZoo in St. George. He has the day off on Friday so we try to escape the heat in St. George by riding to Enterprise and Pine Valley. Ken rarely takes a weekday off, and Saturdays are always busy at MotoZoo.

Chasing Ken on his V-Strom up the small paved road to Enterprise Reservoir. Been practicing my on the move pics recently.

My stock '09 Versys and Ken's fully farkled '12 V-Strom at Upper Enterprise Reservoir. Ken keeps wanting to trade me even up on bikes, but I'm not budging. Sticking with the Versys; not taking any chances on that dodgy V-Strom engine.

Short ride back to Enterprise for lunch at Marv's.

Classic hamburgers. No salads here; don't even think they have vegetables on the menu.

Ken's no inmate, but he understands the salute! Good guy, go buy a bike from this man. MotoZoo. He's always checking his messages. Making sure his schedule is clear for all the Yamaha, CanAm, Suzuki . . . events for riding all the new bikes and boats. Rough part of his job . . . keeping track of all the work playtime in Florida and Mexico. We should all feel sorry for Ken.

On dirt in the "suburbs" of Pine Valley. Brave man, shorts on the bike. Even flying insects have an unpleasant ping on shins at 80+ mph.

Pine Valley Chapel. At least it is only 90 degrees. Probably going to be 110 in St. George later this afternoon.

Tourist pic. The paved road up to Pine Valley is very moto friendly. Not a long ride, but a few nice curves.

Local history.

Here's Ken keeping track of his Florida and Mexico work commitments prior to hopping on the bikes for the hot blast on the descent back into St. George.

Later that afternoon I pick up my son at his "Camp Invention." Son is on left with 3 friends. Their job was to build a catapult from household recycle items. Objective was to launch a rubber duck across the school gym. Very accurate contraption they came up with. Look at those smiles. The catapult now lives in our family room. My wife will be very pleased when she gets back into town in a few days. Surprise, Mommy. The boys have redecorated with a homemade rubber duck launcher. Every family should have one.

Thanks for checkin' in inmates & lurkers. Ride often, ride safe!

RedRockRider - WR250R, TW200, Versys, Vulcan 900 LT, Zuma 125

Southwest Utah: Dual Sport Riding from St. George
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=725976
RedRockRider is offline   Reply With Quote