View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 05:10 AM   #321
pvangel
Team AARP

Oddometer: 2,344
It was a great day of racing, saw Flug multiple times on the "other" side of the fence. Now that he is famous he won't talk to us normal folks, I am sure he will have some great shots as usual!

The VIP pass was well worth it, it was more crowded than I had seen in years so viewing was tougher than normal. Entry,Pit pass, $30 Tshirt, Swag, Catered lunch under the tent that actually was really good food, TV in the tent so you could see recaps of the race, shuttle from pits to tent,Drinks, "VIP" bathrooms with running water! (I don't even have that at home) all included.

To see how these guys ride a track that I have raced on for years( I am in no way comparing my self to these guys) and the speeds they go is just mind boggling. To see Villapoto and Dungey and Tomac doing it on a whole different level is worth the price of admission, when you stand on the fence and they pass a few feet in front of you,you can see there intensity in there eyes. Words can not describe it, it has to be seen.

The sound of these bikes is another thing, the 250f's are on the rev limiter the whole time. It is amazing that more don't blow up!

I am racing there Aug 8-9 and will try to be replicating the intensity and line choice of Mr. Dungey but I know that besides 2 wheels and a motor thats where the similarity ends.

It is sad that an era has ended, I have attended Nationals at Southwick of and on for the last 40 years. The good news is that there were signs up by the American Legion saying the track will remain open for local races and in talking to the locals and some of the police on duty everyone seemed to be saying that it woul still be there.

So like my mis spent youth we say goodbye to an era

Now flug get some pics up!
I am going to take my fish oil and glucosamine pills and go riding!
pvangel is offline   Reply With Quote