View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 05:58 AM   #4
alongat OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 898
Pictures and any specs would be greatly appreciated - thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty141 View Post
I run Leo's with my Jesse's. I did have to space them out a bit. I would be happy to take a few pic's and give you the lengths I used. It would be later in the day, getting ready to head out the door. I had the Leo's on my 08 990 and had to do the same thing.

I had forgot about this problem when I bought the Leo's for my new 2012 990. I did call Leo and Al Jesse about this issue. Both told me there products are fitted to stock bikes with stock equipment. I asked why not put a fitment note about this issue. But I guess that makes way to much sense.

I bought a piece of aluminum round stock off Ebay for $10. shipped and made my own spacers. I really like the Jesse's, and feel there is not a better side case out there. That said I really like the Leo's. They are priced right and build quality is very good.

I do have a machine shop at work, and used a lathe to make the spacers and painted them black. You would never notice the difference. I also removed the passenger pegs. I never ride two up and used spacers there with longer bolts.

Let me know if you want pic's and spacer size.

Ride safe, Smitty
2005 Ducati 999R
And how can this be? For he is the Kwisatz Haderach!
alongat is offline   Reply With Quote