View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 04:51 AM   #280
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by telejojo View Post
Take hwy 50 out of Winchester up to Altamont and on to Bersheba Springs great road you will enjoy................
Thanks, I'll check it out when I get the chance.

I did go for an interesting ride on Saturday. It was quite different than any ride I have done in a long time.

A while back, on another thread, someone posted a link to Bamarides. I decided to check it out in the hopes of meeting some local riders. Although most of the events listed on this forum seem to be in the Birmingham area, there are some around here. Someone posted a "Mystery Barbeque Ride" for Saturday so I decided to ride along.
My KLR had a leaking fork seal, My super 8 is too slow and my XT350 is still in Ga so that made my choice of bike easy. My Sport City 250 is my most comfortable bike for a long street ride anyway. My only concern was bringing a 250 on a motorcycle ride. Would this be like bringing a knife to a gunfight? It was advertised to be a "speed Limit" ride.

The plan was to meet at Ditto landing at noon. Those who where hungry could meet at Mullins Restaurant at 10:45. Mullins sounded good but at the last minute I decided to skip it because I had been suffering from an upset stomach for a couple of days. So I headed off to Ditto landing. I got there at the same time as some other bikes so I followed them. No one was sure where the meeting place was and they headed to the boat launch parking lot. No one else was there and I suggested the area down by the river. Eventually more bikes showed up and went to by the river.
A couple of shots while waiting for the riders from Mullins to show up.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote