View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 06:28 AM   #281
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,722
As you can see from the pics, it was mostly cruisers and touring bikes. There was also an old Bandit and even older KZ1100. When the rest of the riders showed up the group became much more diverse. We now had a lot of cruisers and touring bikes, a couple of large Adventure bikes, a couple of Dual Sport bikes, and me on my 250cc scooter.

The ride leader was riding 2 up on a Harley touring bike. I think it was an Electra Glide. He held a riders meeting explaining that this ride would be on back roads with lots of curves and some hairpins. He explained the rules which were pretty simple. everyone ride their own ride, staggered formation on the straight roads and spread out in the curves. He said he would ride the speed limit, or reasonably close to it

It was a large group of nearly 20 really diverse bikes. This had the potential to be a real mess. Oh well, if things got really screwed up I figured I could find my way home. So off we went.

A few miles of urban traffic and then we went over Green Mountain road, one of my favorite local roads. I took some pics on the go.

While it wasn't a sport bike pace, it was fast enough to not get bored.

It was nice and cool riding in the shade up here on the mountain.

One of the riders, on a Super Teniere, went ahead to stop and get some pics while we rode by.

We rode for about an hour on some pretty nice country roads. I thought the pace was pretty good. Sport bike riders might have been bored but for a group like this it was a good pace.

We stopped at an overlook near Grant, AL

The Super Teniere is a nice looking bike. So was the view.

I wasn't the only one with a 250 on this ride. Add up the displacement of both bikes and it's still less than the next smallest bike on the ride.

More bikes.

This was across the street.

Pennsylvania log building?? Across the street was another old building labeled Michigan Center. Don't they know this is Alabama?

klaviator screwed with this post 07-01-2013 at 06:41 AM
klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote