View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 06:58 AM   #282
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,462
After the overlook we headed to Gurley for gas and another break. Running on HWY 72 I had to twist the throttle to the stops for a bit to keep up. Then the pace slowed down to the speed limit.

Since I have a small tank I decided to gas up. .7 gallons and I was good to go Then we got back on 72 and then north on 65. 65 is a nice scenic ride with some pretty good curves.

Unfortunately we got stuck behind a cage through most of the curves which kept the pace down.

We then went right on 146 and right on 79 to Scottsboro. 146 has a long hill which was the only place one this ride where i couldn't quite keep up. As soon as the road leveled off I caught the riders ahead of me.

The we to 35 across the TN river.

I like these old bridges.

Another stop at a scenic overlook.

A view of the TN river.

Then it was off to the mystery BBQ restaurant.

You'd never know this place was here or that it was a restaurant. No sign of any kind. This is it. Barry's BBQ. It's only open Thurs - Sat.

The place was busy so we had to wait for a while. it was a good chance to kick some tires and talk about bikes.
The food was good but I decided not to pig out and risk upsetting my stomach. I still ate a full plate and had some homemade ice cream for dessert. A pic inside.

klaviator is online now   Reply With Quote