View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 02:18 PM   #284
Kropotkin
Big Girl's Blouse

Oddometer: 7,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
And I'm sure all of us agree having Rossi fighting for wins is a good thing and I hope this past weekend was no fluke.
It was no fluke. The new package Rossi talks about (I'm not exactly sure what it is, but it includes some minor suspension part changes as well as a small set up tweak) has restored his confidence in braking. I asked him every day whether the package was working, and every day, he said yes, the bike still feels good.

That puts him running at the front every weekend, but that won't translate into wins that easily. Rossi himself acknowledged that the level of riding is much higher than it was when he came into the class, and Lorenzo, Pedrosa and Marquez have moved the goalposts. He will be battling for one of the spots on the podium every week, the question is which one. And the problem is, there are five guys chasing three podium slots...

Certainly makes the championship much more unpredictable. Easy for both Lorenzo and Pedrosa to start losing a lot of points to one another now.
Kropotkin is offline   Reply With Quote