View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 05:19 PM   #6
paturoa
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjp3003 View Post
1. The bike sounds like a blender grinding rocks when I decelerate. It seems something is resonating (maybe a panel) in the fairing area. Has anyone pinpointed this?

2. The turn signal switch does not give good feedback...I am never sure if I have actually activated or cancelled it so I find myself having to look down at the instrument cluster to see if it is blinking or has actually been canceled.

3. The windscreen is inadequate for highway riding...I am 6' and although I don't have heavy buffeting above 80 mph, it gets noisy. I had put higher screens on my former 9X0"s and will be doing so on this bike too.

4. I find my boots sometimes slide off the pegs when standing....this did not happen on the 990 and 950. Those rubber inserts may be coming off.

These are minor complaints, kind of like saying a beautiful woman has an ugly big toe.

What annoys you about your 1190?
1. Mine doesn't on decel. Though at lower revs the engine noise is significant and smooths out at 3500 rpm.
2. Turn signal only needs pressure and is rubbish. Its placement forces me to move my hand for a left turn and cancel.
3. I've got a R version with the short screen and have ordered the high one so I'll see how that goes.
4. No for boots slipping.

What annoys me?
5. Crap side stand
6. Crap horn
7. The exhaust is exposed behind the rhs foot peg and I've brushed my leg against it a couple of time and melted my wets (it is rainy season down here). Needs another / longer heat shield there.
8. The exhaust can heat shield is too short and my soft luggage will melt if I use them.
paturoa is offline   Reply With Quote